[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Sebastian Fischer sf at marketing-factory.de
Fri Feb 11 09:47:00 CET 2011

On 11.02.2011 07:45, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> there is absolutly a need for that but main problem is: A very basic
>> user registration is as senseless as the default loginbox before
>> newloginbox (or how was it called).
>> It needs a feature rich extension, of course based on extbase, which is
>> extendable.
>>
>> Of course double opt-in is needed, same for optional check by an admin
>> and so on.
>
> I agree with Georg here, we have enough of those "basic" extensions.
> Just have a look at what you mainly find in TER. Nowadays, user
> registration is a whole process with double opt-in, password retrieval
> (with timeout of the link), change of password from the interface once
> logged-in, management of user information, multi-step wizard for the
> registration, possibly acknowledge of some legal stuff (even if never
> read), ...
>
> A new extension should not wait until all of those things are ready to
> be released but should encompass all of these. Then regarding the
> question whether it should be part or not of the core, my POV is that it
> does not need to, the Core is big enough and many smaller websites do
> not need user registration. I would prefer releasing it on TER,
> highlighted with other "A-Class" (oh, what was that already?) extensions
> and let integrators use it or not according to their needs.
>
> Xavier

I could drop into here i think. Currently i have something in
development. Current base could be found in the forge project sf_register.

Already available is the user data edit and the password change
function. This weekend i will focus on the creation process. An
activation link send by email will be implemented with this step.

The only thing i wasnt aware by now was the password retrieval, because
the felogin provides this already. But it would be an optional feature
after the other tasks are done already.

What hadnt planed by now and need some help with is a step based
registration. In special im a bit confused how to implement validation
devided over the steps.

Its all extbase/fluid based. The validation is configurable with
typoscript already. There is only one problem that i dont know how to
offer additional fields. As extbase depends on object attribute for
every field its not possible to add new fields without the change of the
fe_user object. So input is needed there.

Concerning the project all are invited that are interessted to help.
Take a look [1] if its already a candidate.

Greetings
Sebastian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-sf_register/