[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Thu Feb 10 20:46:13 CET 2011

Hey Jigal,

On 10.02.2011 18:44, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> On 10-2-2011 17:52, Susanne Moog wrote:
>> My own opinion is that a basic registration providing the possibility to
>> add a new user with a username, password, email address (probably with
>> double-opt-in) would be a nice addition. Preferably based on extbase and
>> fluid so we could just add or delete additional form fields by using a
>> different template. With extbase and fluid such an extension should not
>> be that hard to do, except maybe for the double-opt-in part.
>
> I feel that we need something broader that just an fe_registration (we
> already have one by Kasper: feuser_admin) or a mail subscription (Kasper
> also made direct_mail_subscription). We desperately need a new and
> better version of fe_adminLib.inc.
>
> There is a definite need for extensions which let visitors
> create/edit/delete all kinds of records. The major problem with these
> extensions is creating and handling forms based on TCA fields.
> These forms need to work with and without Javascript (for sites which
> need to follow accessibility guidelines).
>
> If it comes to creating a new library for this: count me in! Kick-off in
> Berlin?

Sounds like a good plan, my problem with projects like this always is
that they are so big that the possibility that in the middle of things
you get stuck and never finish is equally big. But if we find a few
motivated people we can surely try. :)

Susanne

--
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

TYPO3 Core Team Member