[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Feb 10 19:28:25 CET 2011

Hello Susanne,

Susanne Moog wrote:

> Do you think a basic registration should be part of the core (read: do
> you need it often if you have a frontend login)?
Mostly.

> If yes, what do you think a basic registration should contain (just
> username, password or more fields?)?

I would love to have it only username, password and email by default.
However I would like to have other properties of a user defined in a
properties table which is the used in a key/value db holding the actual
data.
Currently every extension needs to add fields to the feuser table and
sometimes you get double fields for same content.
The properties table should hold a key, and a display name and the display
name should be changeable and translatable. Also an API would be needed to
get a user object with all properties.

Of course this would need far more work then just a FE-user registration
extension.
For that the mentioned username, password and email + double opt-in/admin
approval would be fine.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe