[TYPO3-v4] Basic Frontend User Registration for the core?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 10 18:44:53 CET 2011

Hi,

On 10-2-2011 17:52, Susanne Moog wrote:
> My own opinion is that a basic registration providing the possibility to
> add a new user with a username, password, email address (probably with
> double-opt-in) would be a nice addition. Preferably based on extbase and
> fluid so we could just add or delete additional form fields by using a
> different template. With extbase and fluid such an extension should not
> be that hard to do, except maybe for the double-opt-in part.

I feel that we need something broader that just an fe_registration (we
already have one by Kasper: feuser_admin) or a mail subscription (Kasper
also made direct_mail_subscription). We desperately need a new and
better version of fe_adminLib.inc.

There is a definite need for extensions which let visitors
create/edit/delete all kinds of records. The major problem with these
extensions is creating and handling forms based on TCA fields.
These forms need to work with and without Javascript (for sites which
need to follow accessibility guidelines).

If it comes to creating a new library for this: count me in! Kick-off in
Berlin?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert