[TYPO3-v4] Minutes from the first meeting of the release team after 4.5.0 release

Sebastian Michaelsen sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 15:00:47 CET 2011

Am 02.02.2011 23:22, schrieb Patrick Gaumond:
> Yes, but without running a popularity contest, it's easy to spot jQuery based extensions in TER
> while there's almost none done with ExtJS.
>
> In the end we got 90% jQuery FE extensions the remaining being mostly MooTools or old Prototype and
> a Backend done with a JSframework almost unknown in our community...

Not being a big fan of ExtJS either I want to add that jQuery and ExtJS are working totally different.

jQuery is a small (in KB measures) but powerful framework mainly for DOM modifications and
animations which is especially useful on Frontend Websites.

ExtJS is focused on building RIA and is bigger (in KB measures) which makes it less suitable for a
regular Website Frontends.