[TYPO3-v4] Card Layout behaviour survey

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Aug 11 11:37:07 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

with the cardlayout we had some changes in the behaviour of the BE.

Now I'm reworking the initial patchset to fit most people needs.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/28851

This raises one question in part 3 of the issue:

*Should the modules behave like tabs and keep state independent from
navigation components or shouldn't they?*

To explain that further i want to describe a short user story:

User story 1:
	1. user starts to edit *page1* properties in pagemodule
	2. user uses modulemenu to switch to list module and *page1*
	   and edits some records there
	3. switch back to pagemodule

User story 2:
	1. user starts to edit *page1* properties in pagemodule
	2. user uses modulemenu to switch to list module and *page1*
	   and edits some records there
	3. switch back to pagemodule

If the modules react on the change in the tree, the state after step 3
is different:

	user story 1: display pagemodule - unsaved changes lost
	user story 2: still display edit form - unsaved changes still
			available

If the module does not react on the tree the shown record can defer from
the one selected in the tree (this can be produced otherwise [using
wizards ...] in the core too ...), *BUT* the behaviour is the same for
the user across all modules ...

So the question is:

*Should the modules behave like tabs and keep state independent from
navigation components or shouldn't they?*

As described before it's technically easy - but UI should be consistent ...

Regards
Kay

Answere was usefull: https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach