[TYPO3-v4] Card Layout behaviour survey

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 11 12:42:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 11-8-2011 11:37, Kay Strobach wrote:
> *Should the modules behave like tabs and keep state independent from
> navigation components or shouldn't they?*

Current behaviour (in 4.5) is that modules respond to changes in the
page tree done when other modules were active.
This means that if the card layout is introduced in 4.5 it must keep
current behaviour (and thus *not* keep state independent from navigation
components).

Some people might prefer that modules act independently, but that would
mean that a configuration option needs to be added.

With the feature freeze in effect for 4.6 this is not possible, so I
would reach the conclusion that for both versions the modules behave
like the 'old' situation and respond to changes in the page tree.

For 4.7 you might add the new behaviour as an option (which can be
backported to 4.5 if the RMs agree).

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.