[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] Maintain and fix compatibility for headline rendering

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 9 10:51:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 9-8-2011 10:00, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> But I also heard many complaints this being a big problem, so I'm a bit
> lost if it is or not.

Maybe we can create a wiki page with the "important changes" in each
minor release and links to more detailed information of each change? A
link to this page as "read before you install" on the download page
would at least give people an easy source for upgrade information.

Example:

"read before you install" =>link to wiki=>

4.5.4
------
Important changes:
* security fixes; see: =>link to security bulletin=>
* headline rendering changed as result of security fix =>link to buzz
article=>
* ...

4.5.3
-----
Important changes:
* ....

Perhaps the information overload in files such as news.txt and the
changelog prevents people from thoroughly reading those?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.