[TYPO3-v4] [TYPO3-core] Maintain and fix compatibility for headline rendering

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Aug 9 10:37:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Now, Michael Stucki made a proposal[2] which still has some drawbacks,
> but with that I had the idea to do something similar.
>
> This is why I pushed a change (https://review.typo3.org/4230) which
> seems pretty straight forward and easy to me. I also cannot imagine any
> problems with that.
>
> But to be sure, I'd like to ask you to look at it and think if this
> could cause any problems with a setup. Of course it would be great if
> you can test it in your installations.

As posted in the reviews themselves, I disagree with those changes. The
breaking change is out there and I'm sure many people have adapted to it
(I did). For me the real solution is to communicate even more, mention
the change again (prominently) in the release notes of 4.5.5, with a
link to the buzz article.

Francois Suter