[TYPO3-v4] Moving sysext manuals to DocBook

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 29 09:55:24 CEST 2011

On 28-4-2011 22:24, François Suter wrote:
> I wanted to make you aware of a topic that has been mentioned in the
> documentation mailing list, in relation with the DocBook migration
> project: it would seem like an excellent opportunity to move the
> documentation of the sysexts out of the core. They would become part of
> the global documentation repository, where far more people could
> contribute to them. Furthermore they would be available online, which is
> not the case for now.
>
> The link to the respective "doc" folders in the EM would be replaced by
> link to the online version and download of the corresponding PDF.
>
> I was wondering if anyone opposed such a good idea ;-)

Not all installations have (unrestricted) access to the internet. I have
seen organizations where it took many months to get a gateway for TER
access and some have intranet servers without access to the outside world.
This makes development already difficult enough, but it would also mean
that the documentation of sysexts is even harder to access.

Can we take these situations also into account?

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.