[TYPO3-v4] Mr. Jenkins will complain about CGL issues

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Thu Apr 21 14:04:20 CEST 2011

Hey,

i just testing a little bit and stumbled over the fact, that it is (as I
know so far) not possible to work with threshold in our environment.

Let me explain a little bit deeper:

Currently I enabled all sniffs where I didn't found any false postive
violations. As result we got a very high (over 50000) violations in the
core (which is correct).
I configured this amount as default for checkstyle plugin and that it
complains about every new violation found when building the core.

_but_

If someones patch fixed 120 violations [1], the
violations reported as fixed, but they are there again (and marked as
new), if someone push another patch afterwards (without the violation
fix) to gerrit [2], because the patch is still in review state and not
merged with the source code in repository.

Codestyle plugin calculates the new violations from the delta value of a
the last stable build. What we need is a defined reference build from
where the plugin calculates the new violations. But this feature isn't
there at the moment (I ask the author of checkstyle plugin by mail)

My solution:

I enable only those sniffs, whithout any known violations in the core.
The we have to clean up the core piece by piece and enable more and more
sniffs.

How does this sound for you?

Regards,
Stefano