[TYPO3-v4] Mr. Jenkins will complain about CGL issues

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Tue Apr 19 22:46:32 CEST 2011

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> Type ValidCommentLineLength mentions "80 chars limit" for comments.
> There is no rule about it in our CGL. We tend to keep it simple and
> "around" 130 chars to sake of it.

It says should be kept within a limit of 80 characters.

> Category CharacterAfterPHPClosingTag: "No newline character is allowed
> after php closing tag; expect " ?> " but found " ?>\n ". This is not a
> bug, but allowed as of the CGL. Different IDE's do it automatically and
> it doesn't hurt the resulting output (PHP ignores it).

Sometimes it creates blank lines in front of the output. This happend with
image generation once and resulted in corrupt images.

Also CGL says no empty lines after closing PHP tag.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-
documentation/doc_core_cgl/4.5.1/view/1/3/

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe