[TYPO3-v4] Mr. Jenkins will complain about CGL issues

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Wed Apr 20 00:26:38 CEST 2011

Hey Ernesto,

thanks for your feedback.

Am 19.04.11 22:25, schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:

> Maybe you could create some kind of "walk-through" for Jenkins newbies,
> because I fear probably others feel the same.

Yes, i will give an overview how to "read" the information at the ci
server and how jenkins works together with gerrit.

> Then some things I *was* able to figure out, and here is my feedback:
>
> Type ValidCommentLineLength mentions "80 chars limit" for comments.
> There is no rule about it in our CGL.

You find this rule at page 8 of current CGL. I am not a friend of this
limitation, I just implement it as it is. But there was a discussion on
forge at [1].

> Category CharacterAfterPHPClosingTag: "No newline character is allowed
> after php closing tag; expect " ?> " but found " ?>\n ". This is not a
> bug, but allowed as of the CGL. Different IDE's do it automatically and
> it doesn't hurt the resulting output (PHP ignores it).

I took this rule from page 8: "There must be no empty lines after the
closing PHP tag. Empty lines after closing tags break output compression
in PHP and/or result in AJAX errors."

I thought with empty lines also newlines (\n) are mean. Is this not correct?

> Type DisallowElseIfConstruct: is not relevant for us

Have a look at page 12: "TYPO3 code must not use the else if construct."

I am fine with any suggestion, but at this time we only implement and I
enabled just this sniffs, which are covered by the current CGL.

Regards,
Stefano

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/9574