[TYPO3-v4] Mr. Jenkins will complain about CGL issues

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 19 22:25:37 CEST 2011

Hi Stefano,

sounds very cool!

I must confess that I cannot understand anything in the ci server. You
probably know "your way around", but there are so many links so many
icons, "builds", etc.. Where is the "manager report" where I can see
stuff at one glance? There are lots of fancy graphs, info and graphs
about "disk usage".. Then there is a test with "48284 warnings". I guess
new tests will be a "diff" to this one?

Maybe you could create some kind of "walk-through" for Jenkins newbies,
because I fear probably others feel the same.

Then some things I *was* able to figure out, and here is my feedback:

Type ValidCommentLineLength mentions "80 chars limit" for comments.
There is no rule about it in our CGL. We tend to keep it simple and
"around" 130 chars to sake of it.

Category CharacterAfterPHPClosingTag: "No newline character is allowed
after php closing tag; expect " ?> " but found " ?>\n ". This is not a
bug, but allowed as of the CGL. Different IDE's do it automatically and
it doesn't hurt the resulting output (PHP ignores it).

Type DisallowElseIfConstruct: is not relevant for us

Other than that it looks fine so far! Let's see it working in the future
reviewing.. :)