[TYPO3-v4] What to do with $TBE_STYLES colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 1 18:02:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

i remember that some wanted to create a real styling API, but
unfortunally this never happened.

TBE_STYLES is the old "API", and some of them work, but some were
dropped in code like font-size or border attributes in favor of the
modern way doing such in CSS files.

There is still the need to do some work. For example at the moment there
is no way to use other icons than 16x16 - this was different in the past
(at least old skin used smaller ones). We definetive need some 32x32 or
even bigger ones for some places.
Also usage of additional stylesheets changed with pageRenderer.

So what we need is
* collect TBE_STYLES that are still in usage, deprecate the other ones
* make sprite API aware of style setting, allow different formats
* analyse skin extension to do something better

and

* remove typo3/gfx (before, copy missing icons to t3skin)

I think there is much more to do, but this could be a start.

vg Steffen