[TYPO3-v4] What to do with $TBE_STYLES colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 1 21:45:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 1-4-2011 16:59, François Suter wrote:
> I'm trying to update the TCA reference and I'm stumbling on the
> intricacies of $TBE_STYLES colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes.

I assume you're talking about:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/4/4/

during the time of the making of t3skin I remember a discussion I had
with one of the Steffens (if I remember correctly). And there was
nothing in the new design about different looks for certain types of fields.

All field types were made to look the same and perhaps some of the
functionality was even lost since then.

I personally don't see a use for these style differences for certain
field types. I wouldn't mind to see them gone in 4.6 along with infamous
"fifth parameter" in the types declaration.

BE_STYLES are hardly ever used and archiving the documentation (or
removing it completely if support is removed) would be a good idea.

You could also remove them from the documentation and with the new
Documentation Driven Design paradigm it will be removed from the source
code too ;-)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.