[TYPO3-v4] What to do with $TBE_STYLES colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Apr 1 16:59:33 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to update the TCA reference and I'm stumbling on the
intricacies of $TBE_STYLES colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes.
These parameters are still used but t3skin mostly relies on them to
define classes, which is good. Furthermore while toying with these
values I found that some don't produce any effect, obviously some
aspects are broken.

Hence the question of what to do with these settings, especially from a
documentation point of view. My proposal is to simply move the
description to an appendix for now, saying that it's outdated and that
people who want to skin their BE should rather rely on the classes
defined by t3skin. So it would at least stay as a reference for people
who want to have an idea what all this is about.

For the future it might be worth cleaning up this complicated scheme as
it seems pretty pointless now. Better have a complete class scheme and
let people define their own CSS rather than tweaking the rendering of
the forms.

I'll proceed with "archiving" the description of $TBE_STYLES
colorschemes, styleschemes and borderschemes anyway (unless someone
really vetoes it), but I'm still interested in having opinions on the
clean up of this system.

Francois Suter