[TYPO3-v4] Hype Base - Easily include static typoscript files

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:52:05 CEST 2010

Hello Francois!

Am 02.09.2010 13:38, schrieb François Suter:
> After your first post I actually took a look at your extension but I
> found it to be under-documented. You explained in your post what it
> does, but I didn't find this clear enough and failed to see what the
> advantage was supposed to be. The extension itself has no manual
> highlighting how it works and what the benefits are.

Yeah, sorry - there's no documentation yet because it's my first
"public" extension and I still had no time to take a deeper look in
how to write a documentation with Open Office.

There will be definitely a documentaion in the near future, but first
I wanted to get an idea of how useful it is or if it's useful at all.

To explain it a bit more detailed:

For every extension it is possible to provide a static typoscript
configuration which is located in the directory "static/Ext/setup.txt".
Furthermore it's possible to generally store custom typoscript using
static files, while avoid using "template" records to store typoscript.

This approach makes it possible to easily transfer/versionize etc. those
typoscript files accross several TYPO3 installations - and it's also
possible to edit/open those typoscript inside your editor of choice.

The extension "Hype Base" takes this a step further and provides a
simple but useful feature to read out a user-defined directory path
recursively and lists all static typoscript files in the "template"
record, in the field "Include static (from extensions):".

This way you don't need to separately define pathes to every of those
typoscript files, nor do you need to define the inclusion of those files
inside the typoscript files itself (using <INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT: ...>).

> Furthermore you posted to the wrong list IMO. This list is dedicated to
> the development of TYPO3 v4. It would have been better to send your
> message to the general English list, or possibly the general dev list.

Sorry, I thought the v4 list is related to TYPO3 v4 topics in general,
not just the development of TYPO3 v4. I'll use other mailing lists then!

Thanks for your feedback,
Thomas