[TYPO3-v4] Supersearch working for anyone?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 20 23:31:26 CET 2010

On 20-11-2010 18:55, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Yes, but it has to only be called after authentication has been done and
> also checking in which step of the wizard you are. The auto-loading of
> DBAL has nothing to do with the module checking. It just "enables dbal"
> if either modules odbc, pdo or oci8 are loaded

If DBAL is not loaded it cannot modify the list of required PHP modules.
When implementing the check for required PHP modules Xavier explained
that DBAL had to have a chance to load before the check can be made,
simply because without DBAL 'mysql' is required and with DBAL a list of
possible modules will be checked.

So both are related.

> So the code which checks for "required modules" is in fact being called
> way too early. The DBAL check belongs in the part inside the
> authentication (like it was before rev.8919) and the module check should
> be done *after* this. No module checking if the user is not even
> authenticated to the Install Tool or even without an ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
> file! So this is what needs to be changed. Could you take care of it, Jigal?

I've checked the code in the installer and the check for required PHP
modules has to be done as soon as possible after starting the 1-2-3
installer.
A couple of lines below the current module check a call to
t3lib_div::sanitizeLocalUrl() is made. This function uses removeXSS,
which uses regular expressions. The module 'pcre' is required for this,
so the check has to appear before that call.

So, because DBAL needs to be able to influence the list of required PHP
modules, DBAL has to be able to load itself before the check for
required modules is made.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert