[TYPO3-v4] Supersearch working for anyone?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat Nov 20 18:55:35 CET 2010

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 20.11.2010 18:37:
> Hi,

>>> Indeed "dbal" was installed. This is extremely weird as I'm certain I
>>> didn't have "dbal" on that system. There must have been a point where
>>> "dbal" installed itself automatically...
>>
>> In fact, when using 1-2-3 have having drivers for other DBMS than MySQL,
>> DBAL activates itself automatically to dynamically change install
>> process and show you a list of available drivers (possibly changing the
>> connection settings for the chosen DBMS). But the point is that it
>> deactivates again itself if you choose MySQL as it is not needed then.
>>
>> Seems like changes in Install Tool in 4.5beta1 made this not work
>> anymore. Will have to investigate.
>
> Found that http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16444 changed the place
> where DBAL loads itself. It used to be right after the no cache headers
> were optionally sent and now it's after the check for step 4.
>
> This cannot be correct, because it must be loaded before the check for
> mandatory PHP modules is done (DBAL must be able to influence the list
> of mandatory modules).
>
> Maybe DBAL was already installed before #16444 was committed, but this
> can't be the right solution.

Yes, but it has to only be called after authentication has been done and
also checking in which step of the wizard you are. The auto-loading of
DBAL has nothing to do with the module checking. It just "enables dbal"
if either modules odbc, pdo or oci8 are loaded

So the code which checks for "required modules" is in fact being called
way too early. The DBAL check belongs in the part inside the
authentication (like it was before rev.8919) and the module check should
be done *after* this. No module checking if the user is not even
authenticated to the Install Tool or even without an ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
file! So this is what needs to be changed. Could you take care of it, Jigal?