[TYPO3-v4] Supersearch working for anyone?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 20 18:37:27 CET 2010

Hi,

On 20-11-2010 17:14, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Indeed "dbal" was installed. This is extremely weird as I'm certain I
>> didn't have "dbal" on that system. There must have been a point where
>> "dbal" installed itself automatically...
>
> In fact, when using 1-2-3 have having drivers for other DBMS than MySQL,
> DBAL activates itself automatically to dynamically change install
> process and show you a list of available drivers (possibly changing the
> connection settings for the chosen DBMS). But the point is that it
> deactivates again itself if you choose MySQL as it is not needed then.
>
> Seems like changes in Install Tool in 4.5beta1 made this not work
> anymore. Will have to investigate.

Found that http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16444 changed the place
where DBAL loads itself. It used to be right after the no cache headers
were optionally sent and now it's after the check for step 4.

This cannot be correct, because it must be loaded before the check for
mandatory PHP modules is done (DBAL must be able to influence the list
of mandatory modules).

Maybe DBAL was already installed before #16444 was committed, but this
can't be the right solution.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert