[TYPO3-v4] Supersearch working for anyone?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sun Nov 21 09:52:17 CET 2010

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 20.11.2010 23:31:

>> So the code which checks for "required modules" is in fact being called
>> way too early. The DBAL check belongs in the part inside the
>> authentication (like it was before rev.8919) and the module check should
>> be done *after* this. No module checking if the user is not even
>> authenticated to the Install Tool or even without an ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL
>> file! So this is what needs to be changed. Could you take care of it,
>> Jigal?

> I've checked the code in the installer and the check for required PHP
> modules has to be done as soon as possible after starting the 1-2-3
> installer.
> A couple of lines below the current module check a call to
> t3lib_div::sanitizeLocalUrl() is made. This function uses removeXSS,
> which uses regular expressions. The module 'pcre' is required for this,
> so the check has to appear before that call.
> So, because DBAL needs to be able to influence the list of required PHP
> modules, DBAL has to be able to load itself before the check for
> required modules is made.

I understand. But currently every call to the Install Tool is checking
for required modules. Wouldn't it be enough only on the first steps?

If the code dbal code is to be moved before the required modules check,
please make it aware of the current "step" and wizard mode and test the
123 and non-123 installer to see if it really does what is intended.

Thanks for your help, Jigal!