[TYPO3-v4] TYPO3 4.4 released - easier than ever!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 08:00:49 CEST 2010

Hi!

François Suter wrote:
> I would like to add that this is our first release under the new 6-month
> rhythm and I think it turned out really well. There was quite a
> last-minute rush which scares me a bit, but we'll see what the feedback
> is (bug-wise).

That rush is because there is no safety period. In case of large projects
it is good to have a week time safety period before the release. Everything
is frozen, no commits allowed unless something crashing pops up. Then
everybody feels safe and there will be no rush.

Also it would be good to ban feature exceptions forever.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 core&security teams member