[TYPO3-v4] While making a modern PageTree...

Lina Wolf liste at linawolf.de
Fri Jul 23 20:19:43 CEST 2010

Well what we usually do when an editor calls would be something like that:

Customer: I have a problem displaying the text:
Me: What page are you on?
Customer: page "Aktuelles"
Me: There are several pages that name, what is the number (now here he could
hover, ofcourse, but this way its faster)
Customer: page 123
Me: Please go to page "News data" with number 155 (if he doesnt see the
numbers at once no point of telling that)
Customer: it dosnt work
Me: please tell me again, whats the number of the page you were writing the
text?
Customer: 275
Me: Please make sure, you are doing changes on page 155, called "News data"

But if its only us working that way I do not mind always setting the
TypoScript. It just seems that many people do not know the option excists as
it is disabled by default.

I would even like it more if the search field on top of the page tree could
automatically extend and jump to a page if you enter its numbers. If you
have an editor on the phone he often doesnt find a page hidden somewhere on
level 3 or 4 of a page tree. Now if you could tell him to just insert the
number in the search field, the above dialog could get even cheaper.

news:mailman.1.1279908411.9456.typo3-project-v4 at lists.typo3.org...