[TYPO3-v4] Deprecation might be to restrictive

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jul 12 21:58:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

i'm still not convinced. Now with 4.4 *every* BE extension floods the
deprecation log. And there was no chance for the extension authors to
update their extension.
And it's still not possible because there is no documentation, and imho
there is no single extension using the spriteApi.

I also spoke with Tolleiv. TV has the same problem, and it's compatible
with older versions too. So what to do - should every extension author
implement compatibility checks?

Don't misunderstand me, i like the new API, but TYPO3 was great because
of compatibility, and this has changed now in a way forcing extension
authors to update.

This is what i call "too restrictive"

vg Steffen