[TYPO3-v4] Highlight extbase extensions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Aug 16 16:29:47 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

> I don't like that because many people do not like Extbase and hsuch
> highlighting looks like forcing Extbase on people. It is like if somebody
> decided to force his own personal preferences onto others. Bad. There are
> plenty of options to create extensions (incl. TYPO3 MVC frameworks and even
> Zend Framework). Extbase is just one of them. I think highlighting it will
> be very unfair to others.
>
> This is a personal opinion and it was not meant to start holy wars or
> heated discussions :)

This is the message:
If you install this extension, it costs you the smallest possible effort
to migrate it to TYPO3 5.0 once it's been released.

You are free to prefer whatever is not Extbase, but for the majority of
users this is the framework which they should use now when tslib_pibase
was used before. It's our default framework.

Additionally, we should encourage developers to base their extensions on
Extbase so we'll get a growing set of extensions that can be easily
ported to TYPO3 5.0...

- michael