[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Wed Apr 14 15:32:48 CEST 2010

> i never used Git (only starting hearing about it's huge "social"
> features)...
> but right now simple SVN clients (Versions or Cornerstone) supports just
> Subversions..
> so i think to use Git (server side problems apart) would also  need "us"
> normal developers to learn another piece of technology..

You check a copy of TYPO3 from SVN with GIT out. There is an SVN-GIT
Connector. This local copy is the working copy _and_ a full repository
with all history. You could commit, branch, revert, ... all the stuff.

I use it for development and use it for reviewing phpunit ext patches.

Make a branch for every patch is quite easy and switching from one to
other too.

The only weakness at the moment in belonging for TYPO3 is that GIT
patches do not apply to SVN trunk.

Maybe you should give it a try.

Stefano