[TYPO3-v4] Motivation for making patches or how to speed up the review process

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Apr 14 02:24:08 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:36:42 +0200 schrieb Stefano Cecere:

> i have an idea:
>
> for me  and i guess for tons of normal developers it's difficult to make
> some real testing of patches (get the diff apply it etc..) it would be
> easier if there was a testing-trunk of the core, where every core dev
> applies his patches telling everybody: hey i just applied that new
> feature NXXXXXX, fixed that bug, please test it! we could get instant
> testing environment and give feedback in few minutes.
>
> after this former testing , some other core dev could give a final look
> at the code and apply it to the official trunk
>

> would this accelerate anything?
> at least the patch would get (fast!) to the final core review after
> passing under some normal developers test...

wouldn't it be easier if there would be a mechanism like extension
manager for patches?

installing a TYPO3 should be possible for everyone.
then install the 'import-patch'-extension => a new BE-module for managing
patches.
selecting a patch-number to import and apply (from Bugtracker or
something like TER (TPR=TYPO3 Patch Repository))

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html