[TYPO3-v4] Moving predefined settings out of the core

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Wed Apr 7 17:54:06 CEST 2010

Hey Jigal,

On 07.04.2010 11:47, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Maybe it's a better approach to change the way this stuff gets
>> handled based on config settings instead of completely reomving it,
>> so that people who are using basic HTML as their output can still
>> work with it.
>
> TYPO3 should produce output based on various settings. The problem is
> that if you select XHTML 1.0 strict as doc type that actual output by
> the core and core extensions doesn't comply with this doctype.

Yes, that's a problem, but...

> I don't mind the use of any tag, attribute or whatever as long as it is
> valid for the selected doc type.
>
> And having different templates for CSS styled content for different doc
> types is also a solution.

... I don't really want to see CSS styled content as general solution
for all kinds of doctypes. Public alternatives (read: extensions) would
be welcome, but I don't think we should add another level of complexity
(and another level to be maintained) to CSC.

Another way would be one step further than xhtml_cleaning: Having a
"doctype aware" cleaning, that post-processes the generated content (or
settings or however) and renders it valid for the selected doctype.

Best regards,

Susanne