[TYPO3-v4] Moving predefined settings out of the core

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 7 11:47:50 CEST 2010

JoH asenau wrote:
> And BTW: There is a parallel universe besides XHTML, so having stuff
> like bgcolor="#123456" for tables, rows and cells is not always
> deprecated.

Well, that parallel universe you are talking about must have a very
different time line as well ;-)
The w3c HTML 4 recommendation [1] has marked bgcolor as deprecated...

> Maybe it's a better approach to change the way this stuff gets
> handled based on config settings instead of completely reomving it,
> so that people who are using basic HTML as their output can still
> work with it.

TYPO3 should produce output based on various settings. The problem is
that if you select XHTML 1.0 strict as doc type that actual output by
the core and core extensions doesn't comply with this doctype.

I don't mind the use of any tag, attribute or whatever as long as it is
valid for the selected doc type.

And having different templates for CSS styled content for different doc
types is also a solution.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/graphics.html#h-15.1.1

--
Jigal van Hemert.