[TYPO3-mvc] Migration of static Tanslations from 4.6 to 6.3

g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch
Tue Aug 12 14:52:18 CEST 2014

Hi there

We wrote a quite large Extbase extension a few years ago. It's heavily
using XML translation files in EXTDIR/Private/Resources/Language and
typo3conf/l10n/LANG/EXTNAME.

Our client was using LL-XML in the backend for maintaining the translations.

What is the way to go for a smooth transition from 4.6 to 6.3 LTS? Most
of the work is already done (EXT is up and running), but we didn't
change anything concerning the XML files. Is there a need to change
them, and if yes, why?

Is there a replacement for LL-XML in 6.3 LTS?

Thanks,
T.