[TYPO3-mvc] Rendering sys_category in a plugins flexform

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Oct 17 14:46:06 CEST 2013

Hi Jan,

> sorry for the many posts regarding sys_category. Its integration into
> the core is really a great feature, but (at least for me) there is to
> less documentation about it. Who has developed this feature or where to
> get more information about it? This newsgroup doesn't seem to be read by
> the developers of sys_category... I'm aware that the core developers
> cannot spent much time answering each question here, but without getting
> more information nobody in here will be able to e.g. update the wiki
> pages...

Indeed the documentation for that feature is still missing. One main
reason is that system categories really didn't start working properly
until 6.1. Then features were (are still being) added in 6.2 and since
I'm involved also in those I spent time there rather than writing proper
documentation.

That being said I have no clue how well or not system categories are
integrated in Extbase, so I can't help you with that.

> Now my question: Is it possible to integrate the category tree selection
> into a plugins flexform? I mean the rendering output like
> makeCategorizable() does, to be able to select certain categories in a
> plugin configuration and access them later from inside a controller?

IMO it should work, except you can't rely on makeCategorizable() do the
job for you. You'll have to write the whole flexform definition by
copying what's in makeCategorizable().

HTH

--

Francois Suter