[TYPO3-mvc] Accessing setup information in a hook

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Sat Feb 16 19:27:00 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

> Just an idea. You are in backend mode. So you need to make your
> settings available in the backend.
> Do so by adding
>
> module.tx_extkey < plugin.tx_extkey

I already did that

> Additionally I think extbase will just grab the setup from the first
> root page. So you have to add this config to the rootpage.
> Don't know if all these information are right. Just test and give feedback.

Yes, it's added, but debugging the result always shows "empty". Tried it
for 16 hours now. Can access settings from my controller, from my
dedicated settingsService, from my ViewHelpers, but no way to access
settings in BE. Tried it via injection of the configurationManager
(accessing a non object error) as well as this monster I've found in the
mailing lists (array_push error)

$this->initTSFE();

as well

/**
   * Initializes TSFE and sets $GLOBALS['TSFE'].
   *
   * @return void
   */
protected function initTSFE() {
         $GLOBALS['TSFE'] = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tslib_fe',
         $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'], t3lib_div::_GP('id'), '');
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->connectToDB();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->initFEuser();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->checkAlternativeIdMethods();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->determineId();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->getCompressedTCarray();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->initTemplate();
         $GLOBALS['TSFE']->getConfigArray();

          // Get linkVars, absRefPrefix, etc
         TSpagegen::pagegenInit();
}

Funny thing is, that I've found a lot of posts of people with the same
problem. But none of the "solutions" offered seems to be one. It is
good, if BE and FE are strictlyseparated, but essential things like
setup fields must be available in both worlds, otherwise a hook gets
useless - at least mine.

Thanks anyhow for your help,

Regards,

Thomas