[TYPO3-mvc] TYPO3-Core complete rebuild to realize modern development paradigms?

chris Wolff chris at connye.com
Mon Aug 12 20:16:46 CEST 2013

Just to Make it Clear:
the v4 version in the berlin Manifesto Refers to TYPO3 CMS 4.x, 6.x ....
and v5 Refers to what is now Know as TYPO3 Neos

regeards chris

2013/8/12 Philipp Gampe <philipp.gampe at typo3.org>:
> Hi Gabriel,
>
> Gabriel Kaufmann | Typoworx wrote:
>
>> We are developers also trying to provide patches and bugfixes for
>> TYPO3-Core and came to the idea, that some parts of TYPO3-Core are just
>> too much got stucked in it's current code-concept.
>
> Others already answered to your questions, but I want to add something for
> clarification: the vision
>
> We - the active contributor, thus the active devs - are well aware of the
> current limitations and the technological deeps of the current TYPO3 CMS
> core.
> That means that we will not change or rewrite TCEmain or TCEforms. That
> would break to much.
> Also we will try to create an easy transition for extensions, meaning we
> will only break stuff if the core can be replaced with little work.
> Of course we are not bound to this, but that can be seen as the main idea.
>
> For the new concepts and the radical rewritten approaches, we have Flow
> (Framework) and Neos (CMS).
>
> We will try to converge CMS with Flow/Neos further and further, see also
> Berlino Manifesto:
> http://typo3.org/roadmap/berlin-manifesto/
> (TYPO3 v5 is the code name of TYPO3 Flow/Neos)
>
> We hope that we can arrange an integration of Flow and CMS in TYPO3 7.0 (in
> about a year), but we are not sure if this will work out.
> The idea is, that you can use any Flow package (including Neos) alongside of
> CMS. Then you can write your custom code with Flow, but still use CMS for
> the parts that you need - getting the best of both worlds. But this is still
> far future.
>
> Nevertheless, we will try to implement (composer) package support in TYPO3
> CMS 6.2 LTS (most likely without graphical management tool). That would mean
> that you could use any composer lib inside CMS 6.2 (e.g. doctrine).
>
> And of course we will continue to cleanup the backend and to rewrite some of
> the modules to extbase/fluid.
>
> The vision document has not been published as far as I know, but you can
> read the main points in the protocols of the active contributor meetups
> (ACME).
>
> I really suggest that you take a look at Flow, because I really think that
> you will find there what you want :)
>
> http://flow.typo3.org/
>
> Best regards
> --
> Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln
> Documentation – Active contributor TYPO3 CMS
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!

christian wolff - webdeveloper, tech-loving geek and typo3 enthusiast
telefon: +49 30 347 244 88
mobil:  +49 179 49 44 758
email: chris at connye.com
adresse: friedelstraße 31 - 12047 berlin

xing-profil: http://www.xing.com/profile/Christian_Wolff43
google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115669673917212236875/posts?hl=de
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1stMachine
flattr: https://flattr.com/profile/1stmachine