[TYPO3-mvc] Discussion: Extbase is too unstable to be used in production

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Mon Aug 12 10:47:27 CEST 2013

Hi Gabriel

 > I recently came to the conclusion, that Extbase should not be delivered
 > as mandatory part of the TYPO3-Core anymore.

Since quite some core extensions depend on Extbase now, this is very
unlikely to happen.

I think it is out of question that Extbases misses some features, but it
can still be very handy or useful. I think it's absolutely OK to use
$query->statement where Extbase doesn't offer the functionality itself.
I also had to use it in some project was still happy to have the rest of
Extbase and especially Fluid functionality.

It would be interesting to learn which concrete pitfalls you had and how
you tackled them. This would make the discussion more purposeful.

Best regards,

Lorenz