[TYPO3-mvc] Job queue

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Fri Dec 21 18:05:54 CET 2012

Hi there

We're currently planing to move some organically grown plain PHP import
scripts to a TYPO3 CMS extension.

The import should run on a daily base and check whether new addresses in
TYPO3 (tt_address) should be generated, addresses should be updated, new
staff pages should be added etc.

Until now each of these operations (update addresses, add new addresses
etc.) is handled within one request, which still works pretty well but
is ugly somehow.

My overall idea is to use existing or write new models and repositories
for the needed tables in TYPO3 (be_users, pages, tt_content, tt_address)
and use Extbase command controllers run though the Scheduler to perform
the actions.

Now what I need is something like a "job queue" to which I can assign
tasks that are performed in server friedly chunks. Did anyone have to
fulfill a similar requirement? I'd be grateful for any hint.

Just as a side-note: We're not talking about thousands of records but
only of slightly less than 1000.

Thanks and best regards,

Lorenz