[TYPO3-mvc] Backend Module with localization

Pascal Mächler pascal.maechler at internezzo.ch
Tue Aug 7 07:49:39 CEST 2012

Am 24.07.2012 14:14, schrieb Stefan Frömken:
> Am 18.07.2012 11:38, schrieb Pascal Mächler:
>> Hi everyone
>>
>> I have a question about extbase backend modules. How can I localize any
>> data in backend modules?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Pascal
>
> First you have to localize in which file the translation is found.
> With this information you can override/append your own translation:
>
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['locallangXMLOverride']['EXT:[EXTKEY]/[Path]/locallang_db.xml'][]=
> 'EXT:[EXTKEY]/[Path]/locallang_db_new.xml';
>
> Stefan
Hi Stefan

Thanks for your answer. How to localize labels is clear for me. What I
wanted to ask is how can I localize stuff which is persisted in the
database?
Normally the workflow is as followed:
1. Open the list module
2. Open the required sysfolder with the extension data
3. Create an alternative page language
4. Click on the language flag beside the content element to localize it

Is there a way to use this standard functionality of TYPO3 in a backend
module of an extension?

Pascal