[TYPO3-mvc] [OT] Re: Where to set the storagePID for Backend Modules?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 31 12:49:07 CET 2011

Hi,

On 31-10-2011 11:48, Peter Niederlag wrote:
> As extension developer I want to be able to:
> - enforce some TypoScript on installation
> - provide soem optional TypoScript that the admin can enable or disable
>
> Deprecation of 'ext_typocript_setup.txt' and
> 'ext_typoscript_constants.txt' must really be reconsidered IMO.

What use case do you have for this?

For the most critical settings the extension code should perform some
validation and it can also use sensible defaults if these settings are
incorrect.
To check if the static template is included the extension can check
certain settings (even perhaps an extra setting which indicates that the
static template is in fact loaded).
Checking if a static template is included has the added advantage that
it is possible to provide more than one possible static template and
only one needs to be included.

I have never felt the need to add an ext_typoscript_*.txt to any of my
extensions. As an integrator I would like to have the possibility to
leave out the static template and provide a complete configuration of my
own.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.