[TYPO3-mvc] [OT] Re: Where to set the storagePID for Backend Modules?

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Mon Oct 31 14:29:22 CET 2011

Hello Jigal,

Am 31.10.2011 12:49, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
[...]
> For the most critical settings the extension code should perform some
> validation and it can also use sensible defaults if these settings are
> incorrect.

I prefer to froce some TS:
* I don't need to check anything as by default TS is available already
* I have *one* place to code my defaults in a TS-template, instead of
having dozens of code pieces with defaults.

> To check if the static template is included the extension can check
> certain settings (even perhaps an extra setting which indicates that the
> static template is in fact loaded).
> Checking if a static template is included has the added advantage that
> it is possible to provide more than one possible static template and
> only one needs to be included.
>
> I have never felt the need to add an ext_typoscript_*.txt to any of my
> extensions. As an integrator I would like to have the possibility to
> leave out the static template and provide a complete configuration of my
> own.

Again, both approaches make sense. Why not let the developer decide
which route to take? Optional TypoScript settings should always go into
static templates. But I really love to have an easy way to enforce some
settings.

I know I could program around it (add a check if statc ts is included),
but personally I much prefer to enforce basic TS configuration, that
really is required by my extension, over adding addtional checks/code.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag