[TYPO3-mvc] Non-translated fields do not display

Tim Schoch | GSTALTIG tim.schoch at gstaltig.ch
Tue Nov 15 07:51:12 CET 2011

Hello

Not sure what causes the BE/FE behaviour. The TCA has no effect on your fluid forms, it only
relates to the way the records are fetched from the db. If you want to hide some fields of the
edit form when translating, you probably could do that with a viewhelper that checks the
presence of sys_language_uid.

Not sure if this is still an issue: In the FE I had the problem that by default, the fetched record
has the same language as the rest of the page. So if you would want to translate an english
text german you would have to use the language switch of your page and the edit form itself
would be german aswell. I did not do to much research on this topic though, as we used a BE
module anyway - so it could have been a settings thing or so...

Tim