[TYPO3-mvc] Non-translated fields do not display

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Tue Nov 15 11:14:23 CET 2011

Hi Dimanche,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:08, Dimanche Eat <dimanche at web-essentials.asia>wrote:

> Hi Henjo, hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for your email. Well, that's working to set all records in all
> languages then make a translation for only the localized fields. But I want
> a user to see only the localized fields when they switch a language. So
> that, it is easy for them to know what are the available fields to
> localize. Do you see my problem?

Actually I do not fully understand what you are trying to say...
If you localize the object, but not (all) of it's properties, you should be
able to see the localized object + the localized properties.
If you check in Fluid wether a property is set with <f:if
condition="object.propertyX">Property X: {object.propertyX}</f:if> the none
localized object will not show 'Property X: (nothing here)'.
If you would remove the if statement it should.