[TYPO3-mvc] extending news

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Mon Nov 14 21:56:04 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

the cleanest solution would be - and I do not know another way - to create
your own extension which extends the news extension.

Out of object oriented thinking that would be the way to go.

You could use everything from the news extension, as is: you can extend the
repositories, the controllers, the model.

In the end you will have an extended news extension, exactly like you have
in mind (functionality wise spoken).

What you could also do, is clone the original news ext (do not know if it
is in git though) and create your own branch.
Since you're only adding one field, merging the HEAD into your branch will
most likely be painless. :-)

Kind regards,

Henjo

Problems are small because we learned how to deal with them.
Problems are big because we need to learn how to deal with them.