[TYPO3-mvc] extending news

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Mon Nov 14 21:31:15 CET 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:18:30 +0100, Henjo Hoeksma <me at henjohoeksma.nl>
wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> yes, you can use class extension, i.e. your model extends the news model.
> And yes, you should set up the class mapping within typoscript.

thank you Henjo
but this way i extend an existing model, and i have to write my own
controllers, right?
( i already could develop such extensions, where i expand existing models.

what if i just want to tell the existing news controller, to use the news
extended model?
theorically it's complicated, or not?

say i just want to add a single field to the news model, and then just add
that field in the existing news template with a simple {news.mynewfield}

what do you think?

thanks

   Stefano Cecere
   Krur multimedia studio