[TYPO3-mvc] PIDless programming problem

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon May 30 14:45:34 CEST 2011

Pankaj Lele wrote:

Hi Pankaj,

> Now I have a problem, I had already a plugin inserted on page with
> "switchableControllerActions" (set via FlexForm) to "Controller1->list".
> For some another reason I want to put this plugin also on different page
> but I cannot as exception is thrown that the plugin can be inserted only
> on 1 page to use this "auto" feature.

If you want to use a plugin (e.g. "Pi123") multiple times in the page
tree, Extbase obviously can't determine the correct target page for this
plugin by default.
But you can override the default PID for each plugin by setting
plugin.tx_yourextension_pi123.view.defaultPid = 123

That means, that you want to use page *123* as *default* page for the
plugin *Pi123* of your extension.
You can override this for branches of your page tree using TS templates-
See [1] for more details on "Automatic Target Page Determination".

HTH,
Bastian

[1]
<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/wiki/Automatic_Target_Page_Determination>