[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:41:53 CET 2011

Hi!

Lienhart Woitok wrote:
> I'm not completely sure that I understand all this correctly, but from
> my understanding it makes perfect sense to have an cHash for a page with
> a USER_INT. The page surrounding the USER_INT is normally not influenced
> by the USER_INT and therefore can and should be cached. Thus a cHash is
> needed. Nothing wrong with that.

This is more complex.

cHash is needed only by cached extensions. If you supply cHash in links for
non-cached plugin, you only pollute the cache.

Typically the plugin only creates links to itself, it does not take into
account parameters of other plugins. Thus there is no need to include cHash
for links to USER_INT plugins. If you use RealURL, you will actually slow
down it by supplying cHash (the more cHashes, the slower it runs).

You need to use cHash only if you include parameters for plugins that are
cached. That's the right thing to do.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member