[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Mar 23 03:06:06 CET 2011

Hey Lienhart,

> Can I change via TS or FF if an action is cacheable or not? I thought this is only handled in ext_localconf.php (which should be available at that point, right?). But if it's that complicated to figure out the cachability, I agree with you that this can't be done automatically.

You can't change if a action is cacheable or not, but you could change
the default action for the plugin. And because the way I thought of the
feature (that it only is triggered if the default action is cached) I
said it's not easily possible. But after thinking about it again, your
thoughts don't differ much from my other proposal. In fact they're
almost the same and would have the same solution to be implemented.

The only issue I see with your suggestion is that we would have to parse
all incoming GETvar namespaces and first check if it belongs to a
Extbase based extension and then check if it's cacheable. Not sure if
this would add too much overhead for all incoming requests. So a simple
check for one additional parameter might be easier. But let me think
about it again - I already have some ideas on how to implement that.
Let's see if the ideas work out.