[TYPO3-mvc] Caching problem?

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Wed Mar 23 08:47:58 CET 2011

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your participating in this topic.

> cHash is needed only by cached extensions. If you supply cHash in links
> for non-cached plugin, you only pollute the cache.

As you may have read, we are aware of this.

> Typically the plugin only creates links to itself, it does not take into
> account parameters of other plugins. Thus there is no need to include
> cHash for links to USER_INT plugins. If you use RealURL, you will
> actually slow down it by supplying cHash (the more cHashes, the slower
> it runs).

Yes but the problem is a USER plugin should be able to link to itself
(same page) in USER_INT mode in this case, allowing it to switch from
some listing view (indexAction) to some edit form view
(editAction/updateAction) where the plugin should be cached anymore.

> You need to use cHash only if you include parameters for plugins that
> are cached. That's the right thing to do.

How would you deal with that problem without cHash? I mean when using
pibase, it seems that the issue is similar, isn't it?

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6