[TYPO3-mvc] FYI: Migrating to Git/Gerrit

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Wed Jan 26 12:44:55 CET 2011

Hey,

> I have for long time working with svn and understanding its concept, but
> now seems like git is more and more used and I still don't get into it yet.

I also don't get started with git. Just yesterday I wanted to pull the
most recent version from a git repo and it said that it couldn't merge
files because I did local modfications. It suggested me to "stash" my
changes first. WTF, can't git simply merge files or ask to resolve
conflicts like SVN did? Can't imagine that I always have to clean up my
local repo first.

Does anybody know a good git tutorial/documentation which is not just
describing method by method but giving workflow examples?