[TYPO3-mvc] Object Accessors & lazy object loading

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Apr 8 10:44:44 CEST 2011

Hey Frank,

> thank you - my explanation wasn't exact then :),
> I ofc use something like:
>
> heft.artikelZuHeft.heftBereichZuArtikel.bereichDescription - so no get/set
> there.
>
> First Relation works, second doesn't - simply empty value, not even an
> error.

Could you write your exact code please? Is it
{heft.artikel.bereich.description} ? As soon as one of those properties
in the path is a ObjectStorage it won't work (how should FLUID know
which object from the storage to use). If not it has to work. Probably
check your annotations or try to debug it in your controller.

$heft->getArticle()->getBereich()->getUid()

Are you using MM_match_fields etc. somewhere? Probably for the relation
not working?

> If I use the f:debug - ViewHelper I get a white screen :S.

that might be due to lazy loading, because the
lazyLoadingProxies/ObjectStorages have a back reference to the extbase
framework and ->debug will then try to debug the whole framework which
is a bit too much I guess :)