[TYPO3-mvc] mvc_extjs problem - no javascript-code added

Thomas Hucke thucke at web.de
Mon Oct 4 17:58:51 CEST 2010

Dennis & All,

I figured out that the js-code will be correctly added if I modify
dispatcher.php of extbase (yes - not the one of mvc_extjs):
The public function "dispatch" contains the following code snippet:

if ($this->isCacheable($request->getControllerName(),
$request->getControllerActionName())) {
    $request->setIsCached(TRUE);
} else {
    if ($this->cObj->getUserObjectType() === tslib_cObj::OBJECTTYPE_USER) {
        $this->cObj->convertToUserIntObject();
        // tslib_cObj::convertToUserIntObject() will recreate the object, so
we have to stop the request here

        //TODO: check if we really should have to stop here
        //return;
}

I figured out that when the "return;"-statement is not being executed the
fe-output contains all needed and configured JS-code. If the statement is
active you have to declare all actions as cacheable.

BTW: It seems to me that the dispatcher class of mvc_extjs isn´t executed in
any case. Does anyone know why?

I´m using the view branch of mvc_extjs.

Regards
Thomas